Sunday, March 28, 2010

March 26, 2010: The Spirit of Heart Community Leaders Forum





























The Association of Black Cardiologists (http://www.abcardio.org/), AstaZeneca and the B.E.T. Foundation hosted the 2010 Spirit of the Heart Community Leaders Forum to discuss the impact that Heart Disease has had on the African American community. Heart Disease is the predominate killer of Americans, with one in four women succumbing to the disease. As a spokesperson for the Heart Truth campaign I felt that it was important that I take part in this discussion, especially considering that African American and Latina women are disproportionately affected.
As I listened to the presentations and took a moment to peer around the room, I realized that I was in the presence of some of the most incredible and influential minorities in the country! These were African Americans who despite all odds, persevered to become superiors in their respective fields. The honorable Judge Mablean Ephriam (pictured above in pink) was even in attendance to offer her support and characteristic energy.To say that I was inspired would be an understatement! I literally got goosebumps listening to each of their experiences and admiring their humility. I am excited to know that I have partners in the healthcare industry to join our fight against Heart Disease!!
* The Heart Truth is a registered trademark of the HHS.
In His service...

No comments:

Post a Comment