Saturday, February 6, 2010

Let's Play Catch Up! ::Round Two::



Dec 2, 2009: Meeting Mayor Michael Nutter!


One of the most exciting components of being a State delegate, is having opportunity to meet people who are actively working towards my platform vision to "Restore the vision for our communities". Some visionaries effect change through policies and other through challenging social views of beauty.


This photo is from the 2009 Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony. The Christmas Season , is one of my favorite times of the year, so I was estatic to be on hand for the ceremony. Mayor Michael Nutter (photographed above) has been a true pioneer in "restoring" Philadelphia and I was honored to be in attendance at this annual event!

Dec 22, 2009: Minnie Mouse!!!!!
This was truly one of the highlights of my Year of Service! I had an opportunity to meet Minnie Mouse, Princess Tiana and 30 "Princesses-in- Training"!!! During this collaborative event with Feld Entertainment/Walt Disney/Miss Black Pennsylvania USA/Girls Inc. I spoke with 30 young women ages 8-12 about the importance of education and staying focused to achieve your dreams. As a part of the program, the girls were able to make their own foam tiaras and meet Princess Tiana (the first African-American Disney Princess), myself (a "real-life" princess) and Minnie Mouse (the queen of "Girl power"!). When Minnie walked in I was so excited I thought I was going to pass out and I definitly had to fight the urge to run over and tackle her with a bear hug :-) All in all, it was an incredible experience and I even gave out my first "official" autographs, signing the tiaras the young women had constructed earlier!! **tear**
::Let the restoration begin::

No comments:

Post a Comment