Sunday, February 7, 2010

Let's Play Catch Up! ::Round Three::


January 7, 2010: Happy New Year--Let's Eat Cake! :-)

Working in conjunction with the incredible members of the Student National Medical Association (and its supporters), I hosted a hugely successful red themed Heart Truth Bake Sale! This was our way of welcoming in the new year and reminding/prepping the students and faculty at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine for February as National Heart Health Month. We had delicious cookies, cakes, brownies, muffins, cupcakes, pies, tarts, torts--did I mention cookies?! As we filled bellies with yummy treats, we filled minds with the Heart Truth! We handed out heart health information and health related facts on how to achieve a healthy lifestyle. Tip #1: Instead of eating all three cookies you purchased at a bake sale, share them with two friends!




January 16, 2010:
Official Miss Black USA Red Dress Photoshoot and Weekend Extravaganza






The Red Dress Photoshoot was my first "official" pageant sponsored event!! I had an opportunity to meet and hang out with some of the phenomenal young women representing states all over the country. Can you find me? I am the "Lady in Winter White"-LOL :-) During this weekend, we also received critical information on maximizing our year of service and met representatives from the Heart Truth campaign. Some of my other favorite memories include meeting our little Miss Black Princess Taylor Vann Hunt, going out for a night on the town with my new friends, Miss Black Michigan, New Jersey, and Indiana USA, and showing our support for Haitian relief efforts at a fundraising shin-dig at Policy Lounge (See photos below). Somewhere in there we even found time to have a day long Red Dress Photoshoot!-- Whew-- I am exhausted just thinking about it !!! This was an AWESOME weekend that I am grateful to have participated in! I met new people (which is always fun!), stayed in a great hotel, educated myself on the Heart Truth, took gorgeous photos and enjoyed our Nation's capital!! And just think: this was all after I had a huge exam in Forensic Medicine--What a weekend ! :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment