Saturday, September 11, 2010

September 11, 2010: 10th Annual Laura Sims Skate House Health Fair


















My dreams of becoming an Olympic Skater were reborn!!



My new friend and I, Ms. Capers!


Siblings, Mr. and Ms. Sims (of the Laura Sims Skate Rink)




City Council representative, Jim Roebuk

The Laura Sims Skate House in West Philadelphia served as the venue for the Health and Safety Community Fair. Community members were treated to health screenings, information exhibits, healthy snacks, chair massages (if only I had the time to indulge), nutritious food demonstrations, give-aways and inspirational words as they perused the floor of the roller rink.

The Sims rink has a rich history in the West Philadelphia community, providing family friendly entertainment, instructional courses and excercise to young and old alike! As a part of my "Meet and Greet" session I had an opportunity to address the audience with the two areas I find most pressing education and health care. I had a beautiful experience with the Skate House family and I look forward to starting my Winter olympics training on the ice rink this winter ;)


In His service...

No comments:

Post a Comment