Tuesday, May 18, 2010

May 5, 2010: Official White House Tour!





















1600 Pennsylvania Avenue--arguably one of the most famous addresses in the world--and I was there! Having an opportunity to tour the home of the President of the United States as a representative of Pennsylvania was a truly humbling experience. The history and attention to detail in the over 100 rooms was awe-inspiring and it was incredible to think that I was walking through rooms that had been the epicenter of some of the world's most influential political moments. The experience was only heightened by the fact that I was able to share the experience with my mom :)
My only regret is that we were not able to take photos of the inside residence (even my crown was a potential security risk), but I can certainly unnderstand and respect the immense need to protect the safety of this national treasure.
Overall, I had a phenomenal experience in the Nation's Capital and it was a lot of fun feeling the enthusiasm of the local residents an tourists--I even signed my first arm autograph (congrats again Marvin on your expanding family!)
In His service...

No comments:

Post a Comment