Monday, May 24, 2010

May 21, 2010: 2010 Career Day at Martha Washington School


























Education = Options and Opportunities! This was the concept that I discussed with the students at Martha Washington School in Philadelphia, grades K-8. I was able to share my personal experiences about the benefits of an active education and aimed to nurture a fire for learning. At one point I even found myself teaching first grade students Japanese :) Speaking to students is truly one of my favorite aspects of being a role model. Young people are inquisitive, energetic and so full of potential--it always reminds me that the best is still yet to come in our society!
Kudos to Ms. Jones and her committee for putting together such a phenomenal program. To my Martha Washington students: I LOVE YOU ALL and I EXPECT GREAT THINGS FROM EACH OF YOU! :)
In HIS service...

No comments:

Post a Comment