Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Your People's Choice Delegate

The National competition is rapidly approaching (Aug. 4-9) and the ballots are officially open for the Miss Black USA People's Choice delegate! I would like to take an opportunity to thank everyone for their love and support over the past year. Your encouragement has been overwhelming and I already feel like your People's Choice!

As a result, I want us to continue our efforts to make every child aware of just how special he/she is! So, let's start a movement: Instead of spending $1 to help me earn an award, I would like everyone to use that $1 to take one of the favorite young people in your life out for an ice cream cone! While on your ice cream date, be sure to ask about what is going on in that young person's life, tell him/her that they are unique--with gifts and talents, and tell him/her that they are YOUR People's Choice! Let's uplift our next generation of leaders :)

Be sure to post the details of your ice cream dates in the comment section!

Ready, set, GO!!

To view my bio, visit:
Scroll down to find my delegate information
(Delegates are in alphabetical order)
In His service...

No comments:

Post a Comment