Saturday, June 5, 2010

June 3, 2010: Visiting the Keystone State Capital, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania



































Harrisburg, the illustrious capital city of the historic Keystone State of Pennsylvania: My visit to Harrisburg was exciting, purpose confirming and awe-inspiring to say the least! It began with an impromptu tour of the downtown area (looking for parking- LOL) and then a leisurely breakfast on restaurant row. Upon entering the Office of Mayor Linda D. Thompson (the first African American and first female Mayor of Harrisburg--EVER) I was immediately greeted by her incredibly pleasant office team. As we walked into the conference room for our meeting my eyes locked onto the basket full of Hershey chocolate bars occupying the entire center of the table and I thought to myself: this is a woman after my own heart! :)


The incredible conversation that ensued when the Mayor sat down can only be described ordained! Mayor Thompson is a rare combination of elegance, intelligence, tenacity, beauty-and did I mention intelligence-all with the knowledge of Christ. Our discussion reafffirmed the importance of obedience and joy of faith! At the culmination of our meeting the Mayor presented me with a prepared proclamation declaring June 3, 2010, Valerie L. Moore, Miss Black Pennsylvania USA 2010 Day!! The document highlights my personal accomplishments as well as the triumphs of the Miss Black USA organization. To say I am feel blessed to have received this honor would be an understatement--I am still staring at it in amazement :)


Harrisburg is a charming city that offers small town luxuries with a big city feel. The views of the Susquehanna River are breathtaking, the citizens are warm and the Turkey Hill ice cream is unbelieveable!


In His service....











No comments:

Post a Comment