Sunday, March 28, 2010

March 27, 2010 (Morning/Afternoon): B.E.T Women's Health Symposium
















































I had the privilege of partnering with the B.E.T Foundation, the Association of Black Cardiologists and General Mills at the B.E.T. Annual Women's Health Symposium! This program encompassed every aspect of women's wellness, including physical fitness, beauty and hygiene, mental/emotional health, reproductive health, HIV/AIDS awareness and , of course, HEART HEALTH! As participants visited my station they were able to learn about the Miss Black USA organization, my platform during my year of service and the Heart Truth campaign. I distributed fact sheets, resource information and delicious recipe options to help kick start a healthier lifestyle!
As the symposium progressed I had the opportunity to visit some of the other stations to show my supprt for each presenter's contribution to improving women's health. Amid my "travels" I popped backstage to participate in the much anticipated fashion show. The models were gorgeous young women who I thoroughly enjoyed working with. I even had a chance to meet our fashion show Mistress of Ceremony, Bern Nadette Stanis (pictured above)--yes!- you guessed it, the multitalented actress who play the unforgettable "Thelma" on the sitcom Good Times! She was as pleasant and beautiful in person as I imagined!
Overall, I was extremely impressed with the organization of the Health Symposium and I was pleased to be able to educate so many women (and the men who love them) about the importance of recognizing risks and taking the proper steps to prevent Heart Disease. Heart health is of personal importance to me and I am pleased to be an ambassador for such a worthy cause!
In His service...






No comments:

Post a Comment