Thursday, March 4, 2010

March 1, 2010: Valerie Goes to City Hall (Again)










I had the distinct pleasure of meeting with the office of Councilman Curtis Jones, Jr. --It is always great to finally be able to put a name with a face! During my 3 hour long meeting we discussed the importance of community involvement and education, how to improve the compliance for the 2010 Census, Councilman Jones' future initiaitves for his district and we even networked resources to show our support for families devastated by the earthquake in Haiti. As you can see they managed to put me to work while I was there :-) I had enjoyed speaking openly with the councilman's staff and left feeling confirmed in God's call on my life. While at City Hall, I met with the office of Councilwoman B. Reynolds Brown, the only female African American At-Large delegate, and the office of Maria Quinones-Sanchez, the only Latina member of City Council!! WOW--and all in one afternoon!
In His service....

No comments:

Post a Comment